Jeremy is a lawyer-lobbyist in the Firm’s Government Law & Lobbying Practice Group. As a land-use attorney, he assists in guiding developers through the multifaceted approval process with issues such as site-plan approvals, re-zonings, variances, special exceptions and conditional use permits; Land Use Due diligence reports; Developer Agreements and local government negotiations; platting and plat note amendments, drafting covenants and easements, concurrency and vested rights analyses, Zoning Opinion Letters for lenders, and code enforcement hearings. With knowledge of the complex governmental procurement process, including responding to Requests for Proposals (RFP), he assists in production from the early stages of team-building through project submittals and presentations to final selection and negotiation. He has experience collaborating with various stakeholders, governmental entities, institutions, lobbyists, experts and interest groups.
Prior to joining the firm, Jeremy served as a Legislative Aide for State Senator Eleanor Sobel. In this capacity, he worked on and researched various public policy issues, including Medicaid Expansion, hospital & healthcare funding and the Certificate of Need process, K-12 and Higher Education issues, and state statutes relating to the Department of Children and Families & the foster care system. He also became intimately acquainted with Municipal Zoning issues related to Assisted Living Facilities, Community residential homes, and Sober Homes. Jeremy was instrumental in the acquisition of $200K in state appropriations for security needs for the JCC Maccabi Games which Broward County hosted in summer 2015.
Activities & Memberships
- Board Member of Greater Hollywood Chamber of Commerce Board of Directors
- Co-Chair of Broward Urban Land Institute Young Professionals
- Broward Young Democrats Treasurer
- Graduate of Leadership Hollywood Class 40
- Board Member of Hollywood Art & Culture Center Hot Bollywood Glam Event
- Member of Greater Miami Jewish Federation Emerging Jewish Advocates Committee
- Member Jewish Federation Broward Horizons Young Leaders program
- Co-Chair of Broward County Washington University in St. Louis Alumni Committee
- Co-Chair of Broward County Bar Association Legislative committee
- Democratic Professionals Network Co-chair
- Member Broward League of Cities Youth Leadership Committee
- Broward Democratic Party Precinct Committeeman