Mario Bailey is a lobbyist in the Firm’s Government Law & Lobbying Practice Group. He concentrates on government relations and lobbying in South Florida and Tallahassee. Mr. Bailey works closely with clients from various sectors including business, municipal government and education to advocate for their issues before various government agencies and the State Legislature. He assists in advancing his client’s political and legislative interests and monitoring legislative and regulatory issues that impact their various industries. Mr. Bailey has been successful in guiding legislation and funding priorities through the legislative committee process, to the floor of the Florida House of Representatives and the Florida Senate, and ultimately, for the Governor’s signature.
Mr. Bailey was appointed by Governor Rick Scott to the South Florida Regional Planning Council. The 19-member Council is charged with identifying the long-term challenges and opportunities facing Southeast Florida and assisting the region’s leaders in developing and implementing creative solutions.
Prior to joining Becker & Poliakoff, Mr. Bailey served as the Chief Legislative Aide to Florida State Representative Dwight M. Bullard. This experience taught him the intricacies of the legislative process, committee procedures, and helped him build strong ties to members of both parties and chambers. Mr. Bailey began his political career as a field coordinator on a congressional campaign in South Florida. Since then, he has been active in various civic and business organizations locally. He’s an alumnus of the Greater Miami Chamber of Commerce’s Leadership Miami Program, and has served twice served as chair of the government focus session.
In college, he served as rules committee chairman of the Student Government Association’s Senate, Vice-President of the Residence Hall Association, the Southern Province Vice-Polemarch of Kappa Alpha Psi, Fraternity, Inc. and a member of the Student Leaders Council. He also served as an intern to former U.S. Congressman Artur G. Davis of Alabama.
Awards & Recognition
- Serves as a mentor to a graduate student in the FSU’s Public Administration Graduate Association mentorship program
- Finalist for the Greater Miami Chamber's HYPE Awards, honoring young professionals in their profession and the community
- Designated Professional Lobbyist Certification
- Greater Miami-Dade Chamber of Commerce’s Leadership Miami Graduate
- Congressional Black Caucus Annual Legislators Conference Emerging Leader
- University of Alabama, Autherine Lucy Foster Award
- Student Government Association, Robert S. Vance Award
Activities & Memberships
- Florida Association of Professional Lobbyists (FAPL)
- Greater Miami Chamber of Commerce Government Affairs Group, Vice Chair
- NBCSL Corporate Roundtable, Chairman of the Gaming, Sports and Entertainment Policy Committee Chair
- Leadership Miami, Former Facilitator and Government Focus Session Planning Committee Member
- 100 Black Men of South Florida, Former Health and Wellness Chair