Martin Cabalar is a member of the Firm’s Community Association and Construction Law Practice Groups and represents community associations, including homeowner and condominium associations, as well as cooperatives. He provides advice and counsel on a variety of issues to community association board members and participates in monthly board meetings. Martin frequently consults with the Firm’s Community Association Collection group, devoted exclusively to the collection of delinquent accounts within communities. He works with clients throughout New Jersey and New York, with a particular focus on the Hudson Waterfront/New Jersey Gold Coast area.
Martin also represents community association clients in commercial litigation matters in state and federal courts, with an emphasis on complex construction and design defect claims. Martin counsels his clients through pre-transition negotiations with developers, civil lawsuits, mediations and arbitrations and is an advocate for helping community associations faced with construction defects left behind by the developer and its subcontractors.
Martin is also a contributor to Becker & Poliakoff’s New Jersey Condo Blog, providing commentary and insight with respect to community association law, governance and construction litigation. (http://www.njcondoblog.com/)
Prior to joining Becker & Poliakoff, Martin served as a law clerk for the Honorable Philip M. Freedman, Superior Court of New Jersey, Essex Vicinage.
- Member of the New Jersey chapter of the Community Associations Institute
- Member of the New Jersey State Bar Association
- Member of the New York State Bar Association
- Member of the 2012 Conference Event & Outreach work group of the New Jersey chapter of the Community Associations Institute
- Member of the 2013, 2014 and 2015 Golf Committee of the New Jersey chapter of the Community Associations Institute
- Chair of the 2014 Golf Committee of the New Jersey chapter of Community Associations Institute
Awards & Recognition
- Recognized in New Jersey Super Lawyers® as a Rising Star for Real Estate, 2016
- Recipient of the Committee of the Year Award for service on the 2015 Golf Committee of the New Jersey Chapter of Community Associations Institute