Robert Taylor is the Office Managing Shareholder of the Firm's Orlando office and the founding partner of Taylor & Carls, which joined Becker & Poliakoff in December 2013. Mr. Taylor has concentrated his practice exclusively in the area of community association law, providing a variety of legal services to condominium, homeowner, cooperative and timeshare associations since 1981.
Mr. Taylor is a Board Certified Real Estate Attorney, and is approved by the Department of Business and Professional Regulation as a provider of continuing education for Community Association Managers. Mr. Taylor has been rated “AV” Preeminent, the highest possible rating, by Martindale-Hubbell. He is a Certified Mediator for both circuit and county courts.
Previously, Mr. Taylor was an Assistant City Attorney for the City of Orlando practicing in the areas of zoning, planning and public works and in private practice. He also practiced in the areas of commercial and corporate law and in real property including foreclosures, condominium and homeowner association law, and eminent domain.
Activities & Memberships
- The Florida Bar Real Property, Probate and Trust Law Section – Condominium and Planned Development Subcommittee
- Orange County Bar Association
- Community Associations Institute, Mid Florida Chapter, Past President, Past Vice-President, Past Secretary
- Community Associations Institute Legislative Alliance, Chairman, Mid-Florida Chapter
- Orlando Regional Realtors Association, Affiliate Member
- Attorneys Title Insurance Fund, Affiliate Member
- Community Association Institute – Florida Legislative Alliance, Chairman
- Central Florida Real Estate Counsel – Director, 2010-Present
- Florida Super Lawyer, 2016